DIY: Creepy Doll with Glowing Eyes

Welcome to my first DIY Halloween decoration.  I am not overly creative with this sort of thing, but I have a mom that knows her stuff! 
 
This amazing creepy doll creation was a birthday gift from my parents that I received yesterday.
 
Here is how she did it:
 
1.  Old creepy doll from the early 1900's.  You could probably find something like this at yard sales or ebay for sure.
 
2.  Carefully remove the head from the cloth and use a small pliers to remove the eye mechanism.
 
3.  For the lighting, she used an old plastic Christmas candle.  Use a round cake pan (preferably rusty) and punch a hole off center.  Slip the Christmas candle through the hole.  You will also need a small hole to the side for the cord.
 
4.  Insert the candle through the doll and have the light bulb from the candle inside it's head.  The stuffing in the doll will keep the candle in place.
 
5.  For the pumpkin, several pieces of cloth were stitched together in order to create the pumpkin shape.  Use orange and brown paint to create the vintage look, and use burlap string for the mouth.  Spanish moss was used at the top.  Use glue to attach the pumpkin to the pan.
 
6.  I think I will probably remove the white/yellow bulb and add green, to give it more of a creepy haunted lighting effect.
 
If you decide to give it a try post your pics.  I'd love to see them.  Good luck!
 
 



Comments

Popular Posts